Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Six weeks of consistent training

This is the 7th week of working with Juli. Things are going well. Juli wanted to probe where I was in terms of basic fitness level. 


Six weeks down the line, we understand that I`m fit. Obviously, there is a difference between being fit to train and fit to race. However, the weekly progression is clearly noticed and that is mainly due to her conservative approach when accepting new athletes.

The first track sessions indicate that there is some intrinsic speed loss but surprisingly enough, that is less than what I anticipated. Not being out on the track for over a year did not affect my top speed that much. Yes, I need to work on picking up paces within a race pace but there is still plenty of time. 

My biggest focal point is improving my threshold whereas Juli wants to prep me to do a time trial soon. Will keep you all posted.

No comments: